West Maui Loop
West Maui Mountian Loop is one of the most exceptional road rides in the world. This loop is approximately 62 miles of epic scenic road riding adventure. You will be taken through the quaint towns of Maalaea, Olowalu, Lahaina, Napili and Honokawai. This loop features high speed cruising, steep punchy climbs, fast descents, narrow roads and endless Pacific ocean views. It takes about three to five hours to complete depending on where you start.
Rent one our exceptional road bikes to make this loop comfortable and enjoyable. Give us a call today!
DIRECTIONS AND TERRAIN:
We suggest starting your ride from the transition free open to public parking lot just before the Ma’alaea Harbor on the corner of Highway 30 and Highway 310. Most riders will ride to Lahaiana from the start and begin making there way around.
CRATER CYCLES TIPS:
- Parking: Free parking in the parking lot on the corner of N. Kihei Rd and Honoapiilani Hwy. This is a safe parking lot although we always recommend storing all valuables out of site.
- Recommendations: We recommend bringing spare air, tubes, extra hydration and snacks.
- Restroom: The best place to stop for restroom is before your ride at the Shell gas station at Ma’alaea Harbor, Lahaiana and in Wailuku. Keep in mind once you are on the furthest West Maui side area there are limited facilities.
- Rain Gear: It is a good idea to bring a rain jacket in case of very often unexpected north shore weather.
- Phones: Do not plan on much reception out on the west Maui’s between Lahaina and Wailuku.
- Cautions: Please be careful riding as drivers whip around the switch back roads. Stay wide or hug the cliff side whichever way you are riding!
DOWNLOAD THE EVERYTRAIL APP FOR IPHONE OR ANDROID HERE
* For further information about mountain biking trails and mtb activities on Maui please visit the Maui Mountain Bike Coalition. Makawao Forest Reserve is managed by the Department Of Land and Natural Resources, State of Hawaii.